Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Does the Editing Ever Stop?

Once again, this is the neglected blog. I have finished that last re-write, so now it's time for some serious research on the publishing business. I've been reading up on agents as I understand that's what one really needs to get published. I've also been reading up on things agents apparently hate, and wondering if that means I need to do some more editing!

For now, I'm back to my first re-write of the sequel. In the month of November I took part in NaNoWriMo and decided to work on a new idea for that. I've had this idea in my head for some time. I like to think of it as the other end of the spectrum. While Fifty Sovereigns is about a big stable, with well-bred horses, Nothing Special is – well, can you guess? It's about a by-nothing-out-of-nothing homebred gelding, and his owner's journey trying to get him to the races. I wasn't able to get there with my own horse, so I'll just have to go there in fantasy land instead!

2 comments:

Holy Racehorse! said...

Hi Linda-

saw you follow my blog- thank you <*G*> and nosily took a peek here.
Girl, I am hooked! I've only read Chapter 1 parts 1 and two below and I'm beating myself up for having started to read because now I'm going to really have to beat myself up to make it to bed- it's so late, already LOL

Have you published it yet? Or when will you, if not? Where can I buy my copy?

Keep it up, I can't imagine people not wanting to read this.

Tres

Linda Shantz said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Tres! No, it's not published yet, I have to get working on that! Nice to hear others are interested! I'll keep you posted! And hanging I guess, haha.