Thursday, October 29, 2009

Uh-Oh - It's Almost November Again!


I've perhaps been floundering around in the writing department of late. If you follow my studio/horse blog at all, you'll know we've been through some tough times on the farm, and that always knocks me off my game a little. It's also been busy for me in the art world, but more with admin stuff - not a lot of painting going on, and a list of commissions to get rolling!

I failed to achieve my goal of continuing to work through that poor LGN (aka 'Fifty Sovereigns,' the novel to which this blog is dedicated!) and hacking the word count - I'm about halfway through that task. That of course means I haven't bravely queried. Yet. Or just skipped that and self-published. Last night, however, I did complete the first revision of 'the sequel' just to be doing something. If I'm true to my usual M.O., there are many more before I deem it "done!" I actually think it's just because I like to 'visit' with my characters, make their lives difficult, and miss them when I'm not around!

I'm going to attempt NaNoWriMo again this year. I haven't looked at what I wrote last year since I finished it - some things need some time to sit and stew a bit! One day I'll start a rewrite. I actually managed to come up with a new idea for this year, which I think I like a lot better. Now I just have to make it into a novel! I'm thinking about trying to make it a YA - I think the LGN is bordering on that, except for the length. If it ever gets published, it will be the horse-crazy teenagers (and older!) that are most drawn to it.

So...the countdown begins! At least this year I'm not attempting to do a painting a day as well!

Boldly go!

No comments: