Sunday, April 18, 2010

So...Are Rules Really Made to be Broken?

Okay....is this close enough to a Vampire? Especially now that he's registered as Bat Out of Hades? :-D

I'm kind of excited, because I have the good old LGN down to 153K, and I told myself I'd be happy if I made it to 155K. Some of the trimming is good, I'm sure - it makes for much tighter writing - I just hope I haven't messed anything up in the process. Then, of course, I decide it's time to read Twilight - mostly since a few months ago both my sister-in-law and best friend/fellow writer said I should - and discover it's so many pages, apparently they stopped numbering! Seriously, the paperback I have from the library isn't numbered right to the end, so I don't really know how many pages it has. Five hundred, maybe? Either way, it's much longer than everything you read a YA novel should be in order to get published, at least for first-time authors. And guess what? This is a debut novel. Just goes to show, I guess, if you catch the right agent and/or publisher's eye, it can happen.

Someday I will write a YA novel. My last NaNoWriMo stint was an attempt at that. Problem is, there are no vampires, zombies or wizards. I wonder if I just gave all the horses names like that, if it would improve my chances?

No comments: